There are still a few days left in the year, but here are the ten most-read articles on The GeoChristian for 2012. Only one of them was written this year.
- Dr. Dino still in prison — This has consistently been the most-read article on The GeoChristian since I wrote it almost four years ago. Kent Hovind, a.k.a. “Dr. Dino,” is a favorite of many young-Earth creationists, but is wrong about just about everything, from geology to law to a number of conspiracy theories.
- Stegosaurus in Cambodian temple? — Is there really a dinosaur engraved at Ta Prohm? Nah.
- Augustine: The Literal Meaning of Genesis — St. Augustine rips into those who use bad science to prop up their Christian faith.
- The stratigraphic column — not a figment of geologists’ imaginations — Cambrian, Ordovician, Silurian… YEC flood geology doesn’t explain this.
- John MacArthur on the age of the Earth and theistic evolution — I like John MacArthur as a Bible teacher, but…
- Dinosaur footprints part 3 — Why dinosaur footprints are powerful evidence against YEC flood geology.
- John Piper and the age of the Earth — One of many thoroughly orthodox Bible teachers who believes that Earth could be billions of years old.
- Seeing God in nature — A quote from author Philip Yancey on the value of God’s creation.
- Death before the fall — an old-Earth Biblical Perspective — The Bible does not teach that animals did not die before Adam’s sin.
- Young-Earth creationism and the intensity of volcanism — My analysis of a really bad age-of-the-Earth argument from the Institute for Creation Research.
Grace and Peace