Thank you to the 65 people who took my October GeoChristian poll. The question was, “Which statement most closely matches your position on creation and evolution?” Here are the responses:
- 15% — I am a Christian and a young-Earth creationist
- 23% — I am a Christian and an old-Earth creationist who rejects most of biological evolution
- 37% — I am a Christian and an old-Earth creationist who accepts natural causes for the origin of life and/or biological evolution as the best explanation for the diversity of life (theistic evolution).
- 9% — I am a Christian and do not have a strong opinion about evolution or the age of the Earth
- 0% — I am not a Christian but believe there was some sort of supernatural involvement in the origin of the universe, life, or the diversity of life.
- 15% — I am not a Christian and believe that naturalistic explanations are completely adequate to explain the existence of the universe and life.
A little bit of analysis shows that:
- 85% of my readers consider themselves to be Christian. This is consistent with the September poll results, which had 86% of my readers indicating they were Christians.
- 15% of my readers are not Christians. I certainly welcome these readers, and appreciate their input into the discussions.
Grace and Peace