October poll results
Thank you to the 65 people who took my October GeoChristian poll. The question was, “Which statement most closely matches your position on creation and evolution?” Here are the responses:
- 15% — I am a Christian and a young-Earth creationist
- 23% — I am a Christian and an old-Earth creationist who rejects most of biological evolution
- 37% — I am a Christian and an old-Earth creationist who accepts natural causes for the origin of life and/or biological evolution as the best explanation for the diversity of life (theistic evolution).
- 9% — I am a Christian and do not have a strong opinion about evolution or the age of the Earth
- 0% — I am not a Christian but believe there was some sort of supernatural involvement in the origin of the universe, life, or the diversity of life.
- 15% — I am not a Christian and believe that naturalistic explanations are completely adequate to explain the existence of the universe and life.
A little bit of analysis shows that:
- 85% of my readers consider themselves to be Christian. This is consistent with the September poll results, which had 86% of my readers indicating they were Christians.
- 15% of my readers are not Christians. I certainly welcome these readers, and appreciate their input into the discussions.
Grace and Peace
No comments yet.