Here’s a conference I’m not going to: Galileo Was Wrong: The Church Was Right — First Annual Catholic Conference on Geocentrism.
Here are the talks:
- Geocentrism: They Know It But They’re Hiding It
- Introduction to the Mechanics of Geocentrism
- Scientific Experiments Showing Earth Motionless in Space
- Scientific Evidence: Earth in the Center of the Universe
- Answering Common Objections to Geocentrism
- The Biblical Firmament: Outer Space is Not Empty
- Galileo and the Church: What Really Happened?
- The Fathers and Exegesis of Scripture on Geocentrism
- English Ideology, Newton & the Exploitation of Science
- Carbon 14 & Radiometric Dating Show Young Earth
There are a few Evangelicals promoting this sort of stuff as well. Some time around 2000, a major Christian home school catalog had a book promoting geocentrism on its cover; I wish I had saved that.
Let it be the foolishness of the cross that drives people away from Christ if they so choose. We shouldn’t add our own foolishness.
Grace and Peace
2 thoughts on “Geocentrism lives”
Well done for pointing this out, Geo. None of this has anything to do with being a disciple of Jesus Christ. I would be interested in how they think this can be defended and what it has to do with the gospel.
Pingback: Geocentrism is alive and well. « A Yewnique Life