Here are a couple books I finished in February:
- The Bible, Rocks, and Time, by Young and Stearley. This is the best book I’ve read on the relationship between geology and Christian faith. It is much more than a Biblical and scientific polemic against young-Earth creationism, though that is certainly a big part of the book.
- Living the Cross Centered Life, by C. J. Mahaney. I had a post with a few quotes from this book a couple weeks ago.
Here are some additional books I’ve been working on this month:
- The Scandal of the Evangelical Mind, by Mark Noll. The first sentence of this indictment of Evangelical thinking reads, “The scandal of the evangelical mind is that there is not much of an evangelical mind.” Ouch.
- The World Without Us, by Alan Weisman. What would happen to Earth if we humans suddenly all disappeared?
- A History of the American People, by Paul Johnson.
Grace and Peace